Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winter Heat Anthology Author Kimberly Kahn


Please give a warm welcome to Ryan Daniels from Fated by Kimber Kahn today as we sit down and see what makes him/her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author? 
*slumps down a little in the seat* 
Have you met my author?  The woman doesn’t play fair.  *chuckles* *blows out a breath*
I always hated this part in school, ya know? I’m forty years old, and until I walked into my partner, quite literally, I was content to live in the house I built on my little patch of land in Lizana, Mississippi. I’m a contractor by trade, and my company has built everything from single family homes, to shopping malls, to high-rise condominiums.
I was drawn back to Tennessee because of family obligations. My mama needed another set of hands, and I was the one that could help out with the least amount of hardship.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?  *corner of mouth kicks up* Oh, man!  What didn’t? *laughs*  He’s five years old than I am, and I’ve always had this thing about older guys. 

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)?  Oh, hell!  I don’t know if you could call it a seduction, but it involved a mud puddle.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?  I’m all about some Commando!  *chuckles*  Although, I’ve got this thing about AC underwear.  Or else it’s just AC models. *shrugs*
*GRINS* No, really, I’d prefer for Stuart not to wear any.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick he/she can play?  He’s got this look.  Like he sees me, ya know? It’s kinda like the look that Brandon Brown gives Colby Melvin in an Andrew Christian video. All he has to do is give me that look like he already has his hands on me and as soon as we’re alone… *gets far off look* 
*blushes* Sorry.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?  *deep laughter*  Oh, he’s gonna kill me!  You know I’m blaming you when he reads this, right? *chuckles*  The insides of his arms, right at the bend. I don’t know why, but if it’s a light touch, I can get him caveman growly in seconds.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing thing your author did to you in Fated*runs fingers through hair* I guess that would be putting my relationship with my family out there.  That’s not something that you want waved around, ya know? I know Kimber’s like a Mama Bear about equal rights, and fighting for the underdog, as it were, but it’s just kinda hard for me to be in that spotlight.  I know she would never pity me for how I’ve been treated, but it’s not easy to be in that position no matter how good the intentions are.

Q: Anything else you would like to add? I appreciate you asking me to stop by for a visit.  Stu’s gonna be unhappy he didn’t get to be here. I’m probably gonna play that to my advantage. *chuckles*

Thank you Ryan for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. Please find Fated by Kimber Kahn at https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-winterheateroticstoriestowarmyourlife-987657-145.html.

Fated - Home. Family. To most, those words bring thoughts of safety and joy. To Ryan Daniels, they bring guilt and pain. Returning to the place he grew up, the place he left behind, he finds something he never bargained for and didn't know he was missing until the afternoon he bumped into Stuart Vaughn.

Excerpt from Fated by Kimber Kahn
“My family is…not accepting…to say the least. Anything straying outside their comfort zone isn’t welcome or wanted. They don’t know I’m gay. They choose to accept I just haven’t found the right woman because any other answer would mean they had to face their own failure. And that’s what it would be. A failure.”

“Ryan, you aren’t a failure.” Stuart gripped Ryan’s wrist briefly before returning to the soft strokes.

“Man, I know I’m not…up here.” Ryan tapped his temple. “But that place right here.” He tapped his chest. “It didn’t get the memo. I own my own construction company. I worked my ass off for it. I have a house in Lizana, Mississippi. It’s not much, but it’s mine.” His eyes blurred as though he was looking at something only he could see. “I built it.”

He focused on Stuart again. “Do you know what my mama said when I told her I was building it? ‘Why on earth would you want to do that, Ryan? Why not hire someone who knows what they’re doing and get it done right?’” He laughed, the sound bitter.

“Now, I’ve come home to help because family helps. What do I get for the trouble? I get to feel like I did before I left home and every time since then when I have contact with my family.”

“Ryan, I don’t know what’s going on between us, but I know I’d like to find out. For the record, I’m not interested in dating your family. I’m interested in you.” Stuart shook his head slightly. “It’s gonna sound crazy because I don’t understand it myself, but I think I’ve been waiting all my life for something big to happen.” He looked directly in Ryan’s eyes, hoping the man understood what he couldn’t find the words to say.

Ryan smiled, the action lighting up his eyes. “Me too, Stuart. Me too.”


Kimber Kahn - The secret identity of a mild mannered mother of four and an Emergency Services employee who has recently discovered an enjoyment of writing m/m fiction as much as reading it.  Her time is divided, not necessarily equally, between the job, the husband, the kids, the house and her ever-growing desire to write about the love of two good men.  Living in the balmy south, she indulges in getting to her favorite place in the world, Nola, as often as possible. 




No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...