Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome Sharon C. Cooper today


Welcome to my Reading Nook, Sharon C. Cooper. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both?
My writing process is fairly simple. I outline or at least create a thorough synopsis before I start working on a project. Without one, I’d probably never get a story completed. J 

What did you do before you were a writer? Do you write full time?
Hmm…I’ve always been a writer in a sense. I have my own virtual assistant business, so that often includes projects like grant writing, creating newsletters, and in some cases -freelance writing. But WAY before that (smile), I was a sheet metal worker and I also ran our family business for numerous years. 

If you were going to cast the characters of your book, what actors would get the part? 
Great question! For my novel Blue Roses, I would cast Lamar Rucker - to play my hero -Tyler Hollister, and Taraji P. Henson – to play my heroine -Dallas Marcel.

I know you're not supposed to show favoritism but who's been your favorite character to write? 
Hands down, Tyler Hollister. He’s brilliant, goes after what he wants, and is sexier than any man should have a right to be!  I fell in love with him the moment he showed up in my first novel, Something New. Lol!

Do you have a favorite TV show you can't miss? 
I’m not a big TV watcher, but over the summer I started watching reruns of NCIS, and surprisingly I’ve enjoyed the show. Probably because the project I’m currently working on (Rendezvous with Danger) includes a hero who is a former Navy SEAL and a heroine who is a former counterintelligence CIA agent.

If you could date any character from any book, which would it be and why-no it doesn't have to be from your books?
Wow…you ask some great questions! As far as dating one of my characters, it would be a toss-up between Tim and Tyler Hollister. Tim is sweet, gorgeous and has a little bad boy in him…and Tyler, well, he’s all that and then some! Lol!

What was your inspiration behind this book?
It started with Bernard Madoff’s ponzi scheme, and the fact that I have always been fascinated with money and investing. The idea came together pretty quick after the news of his wrongdoing broke. As for my heroine - I know a couple of women who have either worked their way up to partner (president, CEO, etc) in a company and had done so with a lot of hard work, disappointments, and in some cases prejudices. And some of those same women sacrificed close relationships in order to make their dreams a reality. I thought it would be fun to put those types of situations (and others) in a romance novel, where so many independent women could relate to. As for Tyler – I wanted a strong man who could handle a strong-willed woman. Tyler is just what Dallas needs. She’s been emotionally broken and has let past hurts hinder her happily-ever-after. He comes along and restores her faith in love.

What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for?
Oh my goodness, my TBR pile is so ridiculously thick I shouldn’t even add another book to it! But there are some wonderful books out there! I guess if I had to choose it would either be the next book by Suzanne Brockmann (Headed for Trouble) or Beverly Jenkins’ (Night Hawk).

Do you listen to music while you write? If so what are your favorites Artists and or albums?
I normally don’t listen to music while I write.

If you could go any place in the world and to any time period, what place time would you choose to visit?
The time-period would be…right now. J And the place would be Paris.

What is your favorite super power and why do you want it?
Hmm…I’m a big Wonder Woman fan - I even have an outfit *wink, wink* - so I guess my favorite super power would be getting the truth out of someone (with or without my Lasso of Truth). I want this super power because I think it would be interesting to know if someone is really telling the truth…especially when they say, “Oh, I love that dress! It makes you look ten pounds lighter.”

If you could write a warning label for yourself as a person or an author, what would it say? 
Lol! I actually saw a T-shirt once that said stated it perfectly. In so many words it said - Be carefully what you say to me, you might end up in my next story. J

Do you have any guilty pleasures?
My guilty pleasure is reading romance novels. I’m addicted. I could read them morning, noon, or night – in the car, on a plane or sitting in a waiting room. It doesn’t matter – wherever I go – my Kindle goes too. 



Book Blurb
Where most women would welcome love from a wealthy, good-looking man, Chicago-based investment manager, Dallas Marcel, is not one of them. She will never let a man control her life again. That includes handsome entrepreneur, Tyler Hollister. Dallas is on track to making partner and she’s not letting anything or anyone get in her way. But when her life is put in danger, and a Ponzi scheme ignites a SEC investigation of her firm, she realizes the one man she'd banned from her heart, might be the only one who can save her career and her life.

Tall, dark, and handsome, Tyler Hollister can have any woman he wants, but he only wants one - Dallas. When he starts talking marriage, she breaks things off between them, claiming she doesn’t want a romantic entanglement to hinder her plight to making partner. A chance meeting, six months later, brings them face to face and Tyler soon realizes the intense sexual attraction they once shared is stronger than ever. But he swore he was done with her. Except he finds out her life is in danger, and his protective instincts take over. Can he save her life without losing his heart … again?

Excerpt 

“She threw what we had away, so why am I standing here just to say hello?” He mumbled and slipped a piece of gum into his mouth, not understanding his need to see her again.
His cell phone chirped twice signaling a text message, and he pulled it out of his pocket, and scanned the screen. No need to come - postponed the rest of the meeting until next week. Headed to Bradley Rd. to check on the guys.
Good. One less meeting. Tyler deposited his cell into the inside pocket of his suit jacket and adjusted his tie. As a real estate developer, it seemed most of his days were spent in meetings, reading over contracts, or dealing with building inspectors.
He pushed away from the building and rolled his shoulders just as the light turned green, and Dallas stepped off the curb. Finally, he’d be face-to-face with the woman he’d tried hard to forget, but couldn’t stop thinking about. He took a few steps when suddenly their eyes met, and a sensuous light passed between them. All of the sexual energy, passion and love he once felt for her came rushing back to the surface, and his heart hammered double-time in response. Damn
Dallas’s pace slowed, but she continued across the street, her magnetic brown eyes held his attention, immobilizing him. Less than twenty feet from him and it was as if he were seeing her for the first time. A raging fire grew in the pit of his stomach, his hands ached to touch her, and all it had taken was that one look. This is not cool. He quickly pulled his eyes away and looked everywhere but at her, feeling the need to regroup. I’m supposed to be over her.
After a long cleansing breath, he looked up again just in time to see a car barreling toward her.
“Oh shit. Watch out!” he shouted, and then sprinted in her direction.
Screeeeechhhhhh! Boom!
“Nooo!” He yelled as her body bounced off the hood of the car. He slid to a stop before he reached the corner, shock kept him from moving forward. It wasn’t until the four-door dark sedan sped away in the opposite direction that he moved into action.
“Excuse me, excuse me.” He pushed his way through the swarm of people. An icy fear crawled up his spine when he saw her lifeless body on the hard pavement, a puddle of blood painted the ground near her head. “Oh my God,” he whispered and fell to his knees. “Dallas. Baby…” He caressed her cheek, afraid to move her. His heart pounded against his chest, and beads of sweat surfaced on his forehead as panic rioted within him. “Get some help over here!”
Time ceased as a haunting sense of foreboding wrapped around him when he checked and found her pulse was weak. He needed to do something, but thankfully, in the far distance he could hear the sirens. “Hold on, baby, hold on.”


Buy Links

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Roses-Reunited-Series-ebook/dp/B008J4NIKS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342014098&sr=8-4&keywords=sharon+c.+cooper


Smashwords -  http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/180513

All Romance ebooks (ARe) - http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-blueroses-866846-149.html

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...