Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Review: Protect & Serve: Badge Bunny by Cynthia Sax

I heard so much about Badge Bunny on the loops and blogs that I had to read it, just to see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say, what I found had me hoping there was a sequel coming in the future. Author Cynthia Sax's contribution to the Protect & Serve multi-author series at Changeling Press that had me giggling one minute and the next squirming in my seat.

Now when I saw this cover I was drooling all over the dang keyboard. The cover alone had me eager to see if the story would match it in hotness and I am happy to say it did.

Now onto my review of Badge Bunny (Protect and Serve book) available at Changeling Press.

Officer Drake is human though you can say he also has a few modifications. He’s a genetically enhanced human and oh can’t forget…he is a cop as well. Designed to serve and protect, he gets more than he bargains for when he finds himself knee deep in a mystery with the sexy bunny shifter, Hunny Lapin. She is the one woman who has Drake’s number and before long, these two are engulfed in a passion that flairs into something much more. What is this super cop to do but do his job and love every passionate minute?

          BADGE BUNNY is one hilariously fun book to read on a cold winter’s afternoon. Officer Drake had me drooling all over the keyboard with his alpha male sexiness and the sparks that flew between Hunny and Drake had me checking the computer screen time and again to make sure there were no smoke coming from it. Author Cynthia Sax delivers a story that had me at times laughing out loud and then the next, squirming in my seat. All those sexy scenes had me wanting a cold shower to cool off. The writing was tight, the passion was so hot I almost ran outside into a snow bank and the characters were delicious. If there is an Officer Drake running around, can he please come by my house to protect me?

          Officer Drake is an enhanced human, one who can break werewolves in half and run faster than speeding car. He lives to serve and protect andh e has his job cut out for him when he is drawn into the world of Hunny Lupine. She is a bunny shifter who finds something going on with a vampire mob boss that puts her life in jeopardy. These two heat the pages up in BADGE BUNNY and I, for one, loved every minute of it. Drake is pure sex on two legs and his alpha male approach had me whimpering in delight. Hunny is a woman not afraid to go after what she wants and she wants Drake. The characters are well rounded and really kept my attention till the very end of the book. There were some wonderful secondary characters that had me giggling at times and kept the story flowing smoothly.

          BADGE BUNNY is a hot, fun tale that will keep you flipping the pages until the very end. With the right amount of sexiness, lust and characters that fairly brim with life, Ms. Sax delivers a story that will leave you breathless. I am really hoping this author returns to Officer Drake and Hunny Lupine in the future. If you are looking for a short, hot story to heat your day up, I highly recommend grabbing BADGE BUNNY.

4 comments:

Cynthia Sax said...

Awww... thanks Dawn. I'm SO glad you enjoyed Badge Bunny.

I will definitely be returning to Badge Bunny's world (Officer Wright needs a woman, doesn't he? 'Cause leaving a man like that single would just be wrong. LOL I couldn't resist!) but first, I'm going back in time to write Uncle Flopsy's story. The Godrabbit will be published in April ('cause nothing says Easter like vamp killing mafia rabbits), and my editor really, REALLY likes it, so I'm hoping you will too!

Fiona McGier said...

I definitely agree! This was the first book I downloaded to my brand-new Kindle, because I had loved and saved the excerpt months ago, promising myself that this would be the first book I ever read on an e-reader, if I could ever afford one. It was funny, sexy, and a great quick read. I just wish it was longer, or yes, that there was more coming about these funny characters. It was a great book and a great introduction for me to e-reading!

Fiona McGier said...

Hey Cynthia, make sure you promo it on the usual loops so I see it! Uncle Flopsy's character was a hoot in this book, and I can't wait to read more about him and the rest of the mafia rabbits!

Cammie said...

Love your books! So glad there will be a follow up and we won't have to wait too long.

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...