Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Review for Tangled by Erin O'Rourke


Mo Fitzgerald just wants to get away from it all. No magic, mobs and everything else. All she wants is to keep her loved ones safe but the magic is making it really hard to leave to live her normal life again. Now she has to deal with Luc who is back, asking for her help and it feels like her protector Colin is keeping things from her as well. Where ever Mo turns around there is something going on that has her in the crosshairs for now Mo has to make the choice- live a normal, boring life or embrace the life she is destined for.

I didn’t know TANGLED was the second book in a trilogy so I was kind of lost for most of t he beginning of the story. I was unsure on past events that were mentioned and whatnot so I have a feeling I will be grabbing Torn (book 1) in the future to see what happened to Mo before TANGLED. Erica O’Rourke is a new to me author and one I plan to enjoy again. Her writing is very good, the story is well written and the characters are quite multi-dimensional. The storyline flows nicely with some wonderful secondary characters that kept my interest till the end.

TANGLED is a story of Mo Fitzgerald who, after stopping an ancient prophecy, finds the perfectly normal, boring-invisible-life she wanted again is forever gone. Seems the magic refuses to let her have that life again and Mo needs to figure out if she wants normal or accept the role destiny has in store for her. All the characters are well defined, grow within the pages and kept me intrigued till the very end. The author’s world building is actually quite good and the flow of the book was smooth, with no jarring plot holes that I hate. Mo is complex, intriguing and one I really want to know more about. She is just one of the gems in this book. There was Luc, who had me hoping there was more to his and Mo’s back-story. Lots of action kept the story from being too boring and it was the perfect blend for me to enjoy.

TANGLED is a perfect story to enjoy on a lazy weekend. I do recommend reading Torn (book 1) first, just to get a sense of all the characters in the trilogy and the story of what happened before the events of TANGLED. Ms. O’Rourke delivers a wonderful story that will keep you glued to the very end. I can’t wait to read Torn then TANGLED to see what I missed. I look forward to the final book in the series, Bound.

No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...